"Let's Talk Transportation" Tigard Transportation Open HouseTime: 5:30pm to 7:30pm Location: Tigard Public Library (13500 SW Hall Blvd), Childcare, Interpretation and Dinner provided
Concerned About Congestion? We Are Too...
When it comes to transportation, many Tigard residents think about traffic congestion. While there is no easy solution to the problem, the city works in lots of ways to make travel in Tigard easier for everyone. We work better, smarter and stronger with community input.
72nd Ave Transportation Study • Complete Streets Policy • Safe Routes to School • Southwest Corridor Light Rail • SW 121st Sidewalks • Photo Red Light Enforcement • and more!
Bicycle and Pedestrian Advocacy Training- Testimony 101Time: 6:30 to 8:30pm
Location: Tigard Town Hall, 13125 SW Hall Blvd.
Join the City of Tigard's Pedestrian and Bicycle Subcommittee and the Street Trust to learn more about how to advocate effectively with your government.
• Brief overview of local history of advocate-led transportation milestones
• Mapping out intersections of active transportation with other issues
• Building & broadening your coalition
• Testimony role play / telling your story with former Tigard Mayors John Cook and Craig Dirksen (current Metro Councilor), and Washington County Commissioner Dick Schouten.
• Transportation issues in Tigard and the greater Portland Metro area
Tigard Bicyclist and Pedestrian Legal ClinicTime: 6:00 to 7:00pm
Location: Tigard Public Library, 2nd Floor Conference Room, 13500 SW Hall Blvd
For over a 15 years, staff from Thomas, Coon, Newton & Frost have shared their expert knowledge with cyclists and pedestrians around the state in this 60-minute clinic. Learn about your rights and responsibilities on the road at this free clinic, which covers Oregon bicycle and pedestrian laws, insurance information, and what to do if you’re in a crash. It will also include a lively Q&A session and a free copy of Ray Thomas’ book, “Pedal Power: A Legal Guide for Oregon Cyclists.”