Neighborhood Notice: Onsite Wetlands Review
Beginning the week of May 24, the City of Tigard's contractor (Pacific Habitat Services) will be onsite to conduct an environmental review. This work is part of a project to build a new water reservoir on the west side of Bull Mountain.
What you can expect through June 4, 2021
- Contractors visiting the area during daylight hours.
- Vehicles parked along Sunrise Lane.
What the contractors will be doing:
- Confirming the location and size of wetlands onsite.
- Contractors will collect data and leave flagging to delineate the boundary of two suspected wetland areas.
- A map of the boundary and data collected will be submitted in a Report to the Oregon Department of State Lands and the US Army Corps of Engineers to confirm whether or not they will regulate the wetland areas.
- The timeline for this data collection is approximately one week but the review by agencies could take several months.
- This work will inform the project schedule and provide a better understanding of which agencies and permitting requirements will apply to siting of the reservoir.