- C-N: Neighborhood Commercial zone
- C-C: Community Commercial zone
- C-G: General Commercial zone
- C-P: Professional/Administrative Commercial zone
- MUE: Mixed-Use Employment zone
- I-P: Industrial Park zone
- I-L: Light Industrial zone
- I-H: Heavy Industrial zone
- Support a well-rounded, vibrant, and scalable economy.
- Mitigate barriers to economic prosperity in communities of color and other historically marginalized communities.
- Incentivize environmentally sustainable development.
- Incentivize public improvements to promote connectivity and alternative modes of transportation.
- Ensure the City’s land use and other regulatory practices are flexible and adaptive to allow for innovative growth and redevelopment in employment lands.
What are employment lands?
Employment lands are where we work, play, and eat – basically, it’s everywhere not zoned strictly for residential uses. Tigard MADE will be focusing specifically on employment lands covered by the following existing zones.
What does this project mean for me?
We’re changing the zoning regulations governing where land uses are allowed to locate and how development can occur in the zones listed above. While our goal is to build in flexibility and accommodate a wider range of uses and development approaches, we want to hear from you to make sure the changes we’re making are best suited to serve our community.
The City of Tigard is at an important crossroads. Development and employment trends are rapidly changing, our supply of vacant land is shrinking, and we’re being reminded of the importance we need to place on prioritizing social equity and environmental sustainability in all our decision-making. Tigard is ready to rise to meet this moment, to innovate and make our City better than ever.
What does this project aim to do?
The key objectives of the Tigard MADE project are to: